The MIRA Coalition offers free, monthly citizenship application workshops for eligible green-card holders.
To Pre-register for FREE legal assistance:
or call 617-500-5998
Next Clinic: Saturday, May 31, 2014 115 Derby Street
Salem, MA 01970
To be eligible for a workshop, you must:
• Have been a legal permanent resident for 5 years or 3 years if married to US citizen
• Have NO problems with the law
• Speak, write, and read basic English (some may be eligible for an exemption)
What to bring to the workshop:
• Your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
• Drivers license or any other photo ID
• Social Security Card
• Two passport size photos
• List of home addresses for the past five years and the dates during which you lived at these addresses
• List of employer names and addresses for the past five years, including the dates you worked with these employers
• Dates you have been outside of the U.S. for the past five years and the countries you traveled to during these trips. Bring your passport, itineraries, and tickets to track all trips made outside the U.S.
• Complete names, dates of birth, addresses and A#s (number found on their green cards, if any) for all children
• Your most recent tax return
If you are applying for citizenship on the basis of marriage please bring:
• Marriage certificate and divorce decrees if applicable
• Evidence that your spouse has been a resident for at least 3 years such as his birth certificate, passport or certificate of naturalization
• Documents referring to you and your spouse such as tax returns, bank statements, leases, mortgages, IRS tax return for the last 3 years
• If you changed your name through a court, the court decree that legally changed your name
The workshop itself is free, but there is an application fee of $680. If you do not qualify for a fee waiver, please bring a money order of $680 payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”.
If you think you are eligible for a fee waiver, please bring:
A letter in English from the Department of Transitional Assistance, Public Housing, MassHealth or other benefit-provider detailing your benefits OR your 2013 tax returns for all family members.